Bruce Robert Allpress (25 August 1930 – 23 April 2020) was a New Zealand actor.
Allpress grew up in Dunedin, and began performing in the 1960s in a vaudeville minstrel show called the Cheeseman Singer Series. He began working in television drama with a role in the series Hunter's Gold, then spent several years as a regular character on the late 1970s soap opera Close to Home. He appeared in many television dramas and also presented on television and radio productions.
In the mid-1980s, he was a regular on The Billy T. James Show, as well as featuring alongside Tommy Lee Jones in the pirate adventure film Nate and Hayes. His most known role is Aldor, archer of Rohan that shot the first Uruk-hai from their army in the film The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Allpress died on 23 April 2020, aged 89, six months after being diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
In 1981 and 1983, Allpress was awarded the Feltex Television Award for Best Actor in the series Jocko.
- 1981 : Beyond Reasonable Doubt : Detectivez Sam Keith
- 1981 : Bad Blood : Inspector Calwell
- 1982 : The Scarecrow : Uncle Athol
- 1983 : Nate and Hayes : Mr. Blake
- 1985 : Came a Hot Friday : Don's Dad
- 1985 : Should I Be Good? : Neville Oswald
- 1990 : The Shrimp on the Barbie : Mr. Ridley
- 1993 : The Piano : Blind Piano Tuner
- 2002 : The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers : Aldor
- 2006 : Ozzie : Charlie Foster
- 2007 : The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep : Jock McGowan
- 2011 : Rest for the Wicked : Mr. Maxwell