Georgann Johnson (born Georgia Anne Johnson, August 15, 1926 – June 4, 2018) was an American stage, film and television actress. She was also known as Georgiann Johnson and Georgianne Johnson.
Johnson was born in Decorah, Iowa, the daughter of George and Helene (Hjerleid) Johnson. She attended Decorah High School, Luther College and Northwestern University before becoming an actress in 1952.
In 1953, Johnson was cast with her future husband actor Stanley Prager in the Broadway revival of Room Service starring Jack Lemmon. Johnson and Prager wed in 1956. Her other Broadway credits include Critic's Choice (1960), Drink to Me Only (1958), and Reclining Figure (1954).
In films, Johnson had roles in Short Cut to Hell (1957), Midnight Cowboy (1969), From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (1973), Health (1980), The Day After (1983), The Slugger's Wife (1985), Murphy's Romance (1985) and Quicksilver (1986).
Johnson debuted on television in commercials. She went on to play Alice Snowden in Archie Bunker's Place, Dorothy Jarvis in Cutter to Houston, Marge Weskitt on Mister Peepers, and Katherine McKay on Our Family Honor. She was also a regular on The Larry Storch Show. During the 1970s, she appeared in long-running cross-over role of Ellen Grant in both Another World and its spinoff Somerset, as well as Jane Spencer in As the World Turns. She later played Charlotte O'Neill, mother of the title character in The Trials of Rosie O'Neill (played by Sharon Gless) : She played the part of Doreen Selvy in Alfred Hitchcock Presents "The Night of the Execution" about a desperate deputy DA who gets a murder conviction against a man for killing his wife, is confronted by another man who claims he committed the crime.
Johnson married Prager in 1954, and they remained wed until his death in 1972. In 1981, she married Jack Tenner. They remained wed until his death in 2008.
On June 4, 2018, Johnson died in Los Angeles at the age of 91. She was survived by her four daughters and three grandchildren.
- Short Cut to Hell (1957) - Glory Hamilton
- Midnight Cowboy (1969) - Rich Lady - New York
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (1973) - Mrs. Kincaid
- The Front (1976) - T.V. Interviewer
- Health (1980) - Lily Bell
- Looker (1981) - Cindy's Mother
- Shoot the Moon (1982) - Isabel
- The Day After (1983, TV Movie) - Helen Oakes
- The Slugger's Wife (1985) - Marie DeVito
- Murphy's Romance (1985) - Margaret
- Quicksilver (1986) - Mrs. Casey
- Blind Date (1987) - Mrs. Gruen
- Father Hood (1993) - Judge
- Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman (1993-1998) - Elizabeth Ann Weston Quinn
- Seven Girlfriends (1999) - Anabeth's Mother
- Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Movie (1999) - Elizabeth Ann Weston Quinn
- Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Heart Within (2001) - Elizabeth Ann Weston Quinn
- The Deep End (2001) - 50ish Woman (uncredited)